On September 18, 2011, Bureau of Interethnic Relations with the support of Ministry of Culture and Chisinau Mayoralty held the Republican Festival of ethnicities entitled “Unity through diversity”, where about 48 ethnocultural organizations, including the Charity Centre for Refugees, participated. After the floral tribute to the monument of Stefan the Great the official opening ceremony followed starting at 10:30 am at the Square of Europe. The festival program included a festive concert, visits to the ethnic courts, exhibits of national clothing, books, artworks and handicrafts.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The Public Association “Law Centre of Advocates” is looking for a qualified person for the vacant position of Legal Counselor under the EU/UNHCR-funded Local Integration Project for an initial period of 3 months, with possibility of extension. This is a part time (70%) position.
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- international law or human rights law
- at least one year of relevant legal experience
- fluency in Romanian, Russian and English. Working knowledge of one or more additional languages including Bulgarian, Gaguzian, Romani, or Ukrainian is an asset.
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- ability to maintain high level of accuracy in carrying out the assigned tasks
- excellent communication skills
- computer skills
- willingness to work with people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds
Adheres to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status
The Law Center of Advocates is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Legal Counselor will be primarily responsible for:
- providing legal counseling on the rights of refugees and beneficiaries of humanitarian protection, in particular, socio-economic rights, naturalization procedures, access to labor market, entrepreneurship, etc.
- providing legal assistance to stateless persons and other vulnerable groups who have difficulties legalizing their status in Moldova
- assisting refugees, beneficiaries of humanitarian protection and stateless persons in finding durable solutions
- providing statistics on the assisted cases
- performing other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 September 2011 the latest. For additional information please call +373 22 21 37 09.
Автор: Charity Centre for Refugees на 12:56 AM
Thursday, September 1, 2011
On August 26, 2011, at 5 p.m., the Circus without Borders, invited by Charity Centre for Refugees and Bureau for Migration and Asylum, performed for asylum seekers and the local population. The show was held on the stadium near the Temporary Accommodation Centre for Asylum-seekers. More than 150 children and their parents enjoyed the show, presented by 5 circus performers from France. Circus without Borders comes annually to Moldova and each time gladdens the audience with a new program.
Автор: Charity Centre for Refugees на 3:27 AM